Monday, July 19, 2010

Tate Turns Four!!!

Dear Tate,

Four years ago today I became a mommy. The moment you entered our lives I fell in love with you. I remember the doctor putting you on my belly for the first time and thinking there's no way I could ever love someone as much as I did in that one moment. And yet I truly think I somehow grow to love you more each and every day. It seems impossible that tomorrow I could love you more, but somehow it happens.

I am so proud of the little boy you are. You're incredibly insightful, empathetic, sometimes cautious, funny, and full of life and love. You surprise me on a daily basis. You make me laugh on a daily basis. And you remind me of the meaning of family on a daily basis.

Here are my ten favorite things about you:
1. The way you can smack a baseball clear over our fence and down the alley... my little lefty!
2. The way your eyebrows wrinkle together when you're concentrating.
3. Your chubby fingers in the shape of candy corns since the day you were born.
4. Your love of pizza, donuts, and Poptarts.
5. How you sing along to country songs in the car.
6. How since before you turned a year old, you can't leave the house without a baseball cap on your head.
7. The calm and peace in your sweet face as you sleep.
8. That you give me good kisses and strong hugs.
9. That you think you can grow up to be a Power Ranger.
10. How you are the perfect fit for my puzzle.

Tate, I pray that you grow into a well-rounded, honest man. I pray for your safety and health. I pray that you remain strong in your faith and what you believe in. And I pray that your family always takes priority over anything else in your life.

God Bless you, my Sweet Tatertot. I love you.
Mommy










1 comment:

nick&abby said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS 4!!!!