Monday, January 4, 2010

One Month and Counting...

I went to the doctor today for my 36 week check up and a sonogram. Normally, she doesn't do sonos at this point in a pregnancy, but since Tate was relatively large when he was born, she did one with Nash and she did one this time to check on the baby's size. After doing the measurements, she would decide if she wanted to induce a week earlier than my due date.

So Brad and I had a theory going into the appointment that if she scheduled an induction, then we were having a boy because she's told us in the past that boys tend to grow faster/bigger than girls. And if she just lets me go without being induced then it must be a girl.

It's funny how we don't want to know the sex of our baby, and yet, during every sonogram and doctor appointment, we try so hard to read into what is being said to see if we can catch someone slip up. And although we look away when the sonographer is looking around in the "lower parts," we still try to see if we can notice anything that would tell the gender during the entire rest of the sonogram.

Bottom line of the sono was that everything looked good. The baby is measuring normally at this point (5 pounds 8 ounces) and the head is down. The sonographer did point out a little part of the left kidney that seems to be holding fluid a little longer than the right one. She explained we didn't really need to worry about it and that the amount of fluid was below the level which concerns them. But they made note of it so that when the baby's born, the pediatrician can order a couple of tests to be done. My doctor also explained that most likely, the fluid is being caused from the ureter (tube connecting the kidney to the bladder) not being exactly straight. In most kids, it tends to "right" itself on it's own by age two or so. Of course, this is in the back of my mind, but I'm trying to just have faith and go with what the doctor and sonographer told us. But some prayers from y'all would be appreciated. Thanks!

It was so great to see that little face again today. It's so sweet and looks like such a baby now. It's perfect and adorable and it's ours. I love that. I can't wait to meet this little one...

Which brings me to the next bit of news... We did NOT schedule an induction (could it be a girl???) We're going to let this baby just come when it pleases. My doctor won't let me go more than one week past my due date. Soooo... that means that I may have to wait an entire five weeks until I see this baby's sweet face in person!!! AHHHHH!!! Five weeks!? Seriously?

Does it look like I can wait another five weeks??? I don't even want to think about what that tummy's gonna look like!!!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

Kelly Jane said...

YAY! So exciting! I can't wait to meet the new Sievers!

Amanda Henry said...

Hey Tracy! Just wanted to say you look beautiful!! Take care over the next 5 (or less!) weeks. It is nice to be able to check in on you and see how you are doing! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
Amanda (Camp) Henry