Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pink or Blue???

As y'all know, we don't find out the gender of our babies until they make their entrance into this world. But as the weeks and months pass by, I find myself wondering more and more about who this little one is that keeps squirming inside my belly...

Being the organized, Type A personality that I am, it's tempting to make a little spreadsheet of why I think the baby could be each gender. But I guess a bulleted list will have to do...

Reasons Baby #3 Could Be a Girl:
  • That's what the Chinese Gender Predictor says it will be
  • I felt about 1% nauseous during my first trimester (and I NEVER felt sick with Tate or Nash)
  • My body is much more tired than it was with the boys
  • I've gained weight at a quicker rate
  • I'm a couple pounds heavier at this point than I ever have been
  • Let's face it, after two boys, maybe God just wanted a good laugh, so he sent us a tiny, little feminine baby girl!

Reasons Baby #3 Could Be a Boy:

  • We already know we make boys
  • My belly is pretty low - I've never had kicks in the ribs... although, at times, I'm afraid the baby is about to fall out of me!
  • My belly is pretty much all out in front - same as with Tate and Nash
  • Tate is 100% positive that it's a boy
  • Strangers consistently stop me in public places and ask, "When's that little boy due?"
  • I've had four dreams (I think) about the new baby and three of them have had the baby being a boy
  • Tate's heartrate was always in the 150s, Nash's was always in the 140s, and this one is always in the 140s
  • I have to do Non-Stress Tests each time I go to the doctor where they measure any uterine activity and the baby's heart rate and movement. One of the nurses swears that boy babies don't like to hear their heartbeats, so they go crazy with movement once their moms are hooked up to the machine. Every time we go in to do the NSTs, my little one seems to be running a marathon. Hence, the nurse is CONVINCED it is a boy.
  • The kidney issue that showed up on the last sonogram is more likely to be in boy babies.

Okay, so there it is. Boy or girl? Pink or blue? I guess I will make it official and say that, although, the feeling isn't quite as strong as it was with Tate and Nash, I would put my money on us having another boy... But we all know how the world works... Now that I've put that in writing, I may need to go buy some pink!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All signs point to boy, but I say girl!!! Just sayin!!!