Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby, Where Are You?

I know y'all are wondering what's going on... Well I can sum up the answer in two short words:

NOTHING NEW.

So disappointing, I know! I look at the little ticker on the top of my blog that's saying "only 3 days to go," and wonder if this baby is just a really punctual child!?

I have to say though, I have been hoping that the baby would make it past certain things that were on my calendar, just to make it easier on me (selfish, I know!). First, it was getting past Nash's birthday. I just didn't want to have to share that day if I could help it. Then, I had to do a training at school for my staff on January 20th, and really didn't want to have to figure out how to do it if the baby came early. Next, my goal was to make it to this past Friday (which was my last scheduled day to work). This way, I had all my sub plans ready to go and up-to-date. And lastly, I have been hoping to make it through this weekend for two reasons:
1. I've already had a January baby, so a February one sounds nice... is that silly?
2. My doctor isn't on-call this weekend. She delivered both Tate and Nash. She knows ALL our family's history. And, really, I just plain LOVE her. I want her to be there to share this birth with us.

At this point, I'm about nine hours from a February baby and my doctor is on call tomorrow. So, pretty soon, all gloves are off! I just got home from a pedicure. Maybe we'll do some spicy Mexican for dinner? Or I could maybe work out on the eliptical because it's too cold to go on a long walk - okay, okay, you Northerners, 45 degrees is freakin' cold for Texas! Either way, once Monday rolls around, I will be praying for this baby to make its much-awaited appearance!!!

Please keep us in your prayers.
Love to y'all,
Tracy

6 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

FUN! Can't wait to see pics! SO happy for you =)

David and April Vinson said...

Can't wait to hear of your new arrival! We are praying for you!

nick&abby said...

we....are....waiting.... :)

nick&abby said...

okay...just saw Brad's facebook.. CONGRATS!! he is ADORABLE

Marisa and John said...

Ah! It really worked! He's absolutely beautiful. Love you!

Val & Carmelita said...

So blue it is!!! :) Hope you are enjoyng every moment.