Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Very Own Spiderman

For the last month, Tate has been debating what he wanted to be for Halloween... Spiderman or the red Power Ranger. It's such a hard choice for a three year old boy!!! After much thought and discussion, Spiderman was the winner!

My mom took Tate to my dad's office to show off his costume on Friday. When the receptionist asked him his name he said, "Spiderman." She then said, "No I mean your real name." So he replied, "Peter Parker." I guess he was really trying to stay in character???

Then yesterday I let him wear his costume to the grocery story (ONLY because it was Halloween). Everyone was playing along, saying, "Oh, wow! It's Spiderman!" Tate was loving it! He sat in the cart and pretended to shoot other shoppers with his net as we rode past.

Last night we had a really good time. Our street gets a city permit every year and blocks off the entrances. Then we all met in the middle of the block to hang out and eat pizza. I cannot believe how many kids are on our street. EVERYONE was out - from little babies up to the high schoolers. It was really fun to be a part of such a great tradition.

After visiting with the neighbors, we set off for trick or treating. I have to brag on my little Tater for second here... I can't tell you how many times someone handing out candy commented on his politeness, as he cheerfully told them "Thank you!" for whatever it was they gave him. At one point, I got a little nervous when a man gave him a bag of pretzels. I was waiting for him to yell, "But I don't like pretzels!" After all, that's what he tells me when I try to give them to him. But he just told the man thank you and walked back down the steps. Such a sweet boy!

When we got back to the house, the three of us sat outside, handing out candy to the trick or treaters who came by. Brad and I started talking about how much fun it was to celebrate this day with Tate and yet how bittersweet it was to not have Nash with us. I can just picture those two boys trudging up to the doors, Nash trying his best to keep up with his big brother. I wonder what Nash would have wanted to dress up as... Maybe we'd have two little Spidermans on our hands. What I wouldn't give to know...

Love to y'all,
Tracy




No comments: