Sunday, November 22, 2009

Family Pictures

Yesterday we did something we haven't done in a long time... We got our family pictures taken by a professional photographer. In fact, the last time we had this done was when Tate was turning one and I was about three months pregnant with Nash. I really wanted to do them now, so we had some keepsakes of us before the new little one gets here. But the decision to actually schedule them was a difficult one because it's so hard to do anything having to do with our "family" because we are NEVER all there. And while having these pictures taken would be great for us, it would also be such a reminder of the absence of Nash.

So yesterday morning we met our photographer, Erica May, at a park about half an hour away from our house. It was a cool, cloudy morning and had rained for the previous 36 hours. But the atmosphere was very peaceful and the surroundings were beautiful. She spent almost an hour with us, shooting close to 500 pictures. I told her Nash's story and asked if there was a way to incorporate yellow balloons into some of the pics. She was more than willing and had some great ideas of how to do so.

I am thankful that we were able to do this as a family. I believe with all my heart that my sweet boy was there with us. But I wish so badly that his little face was smiling back at the camera with Tate. I pray that he knows that the last thing I want is for him to ever think our family is complete without him. That we yearn for him now just as we did the day he made his way to heaven. But I also pray that he is proud of us for doing things to celebrate our family in the very best way we know how.

Click here for a link to Erica's blog, where she shared some of the pics of us. Enjoy!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

5 comments:

nick&abby said...

oh my word, those are AMAZING. She did a fantastic job! The totally brought tears to my eyes....you hafta send copies when you can :) please? :)

The Terrell Family said...

Those are wonderful pictures! She did an amazing job!

David and April Vinson said...

Your photographer did an amazing job! Those are great pictures! What a special way to honor Nash!

Marisa and John said...

I love them! :)

FosterFam said...

the pics are PERFECT...