Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Better Birthday

Last year today was a really tough day for me - I spent most of it fighting back tears, wishing for the one birthday wish I knew wouldn't come true.

No matter how much time passes, I think this day will always be difficult. It's just hard to realize how much time has gone by since I last had Nash in my arms. And birthdays are a huge reminder of this.

With the feelings of last year not far from my mind, I was worried about how today would go. But now that it's here, I think I'm doing better than I had anticipated. The entire weekend has been full of time spent with Brad and Tate, which always seems to help.

Yesterday, we went to the pumpkin patch where we fed the animals, ate hotdogs, played on the hay bales, and looked at pumpkins. Last night we went out for a nice family dinner at Hooters - okay, I admit it, I love their wings... And this morning, we did the real celebrating at Chuck E. Cheese's!

I've truly had a great weekend with my little family. Even though I miss Nash like crazy, I know he has been with us. I have to believe that's how I've been able to get through it with less tears than last year.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and prayers for a peaceful day (I know those helped too!!!).

Love to y'all,
Tracy

Pumpkin Patch







LOVE this pic!
Chuck E. Cheese's
"This pizza is GOOD!"


Nothing like a mini Tootsie Pop and a bendy straw to brighten your day!

No comments: