Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tate's Big Birthday Weekend!!!

My sweet little boy turned three today!!! I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. I remember the day he Tate was born like it was yesterday... the anticipation, the excitement, the worry, the overwhelming joy, and the true love at first sight. What a miracle God sent to us that night.

So this weekend we were busy with our little man, doing all of his most favorite things... Friday night we went to a Ranger's game. I will say it started out a little shaky when Tate started screaming and crying every time the crowd would cheer. I still have to idea what the problem was, but for a good fifteen minutes we had pretty much the entire section of fans staring at us as he screamed his pretty little head off. Embarrassing? Totally. But so freakin' cute... Then all of a sudden he just snapped out of it and ended up being the loudest kid in the ballpark, cheering on all the players, yelling how many outs there were, and even booing the umps bad calls (I know, I know, not the best sportsmanship!). At one point, the Twins hit a homerun and it literally landed two rows directly in front of Brad and Tate. The crowd started chanting, "Throw it back! Throw it back!" to the woman that got the ball. And our little boy yelled it right along with them... His daddy was so proud.

Yesterday morning Tate woke up to find an early birthday present that Brad picked out for him: a new set of golf clubs... They're real clubs that had been cut down so kids can use them. And the best part is they're left-handed so he doesn't have to use the back side of Brad's anymore! Then Brad took our own little Tiger to the golf course and shot nine holes with him and some friends. Tate had a great time hitting his new clubs and driving the golf cart.

To celebrate his actual birthday, this morning Brad took him to pick up donuts for breakfast... (is it bad that he ate two glazed donuts with frosting and sprinkles and then three donut holes???). Then he opened his presents and played for a bit. For lunch we went to Chuck E. Cheese's with my parents. Tate has been OBSESSED with going there since a recent trip there with my dad. He was sooo excited and ran around that place for two hours, playing every game and riding every ride he could get his hands on. After the tokens ran out, we came home and opened presents from my parents and then had some cake.






All in all, I think it was a pretty fun birthday weekend for our little Tatertot... I wonder when he's gonna think it's embarrassing that I call him that. Before I know it, he'll be thirteen and I'll be begging him to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for old time's sake...

My Sweet Tate... Thank you for being my boy. Thank you for teaching me about baseball and how to hit golf clubs. Thank you for sharing my love of country music. Thank you for the cuddles, the kisses, the tight hugs. Thank you for giving me strength when I need it most. Thank you for bringing so much love into this house. You are a gift to all who know you... I am so blessed that God chose me to be your mommy. I love you bunches.
~Mommy
Love to y'all,
Tracy

***QPTU (Quick Potty Training Udpate): Doing really well. A couple pooping mishaps (like in the play area at McDonald's). Tons of stickers. A lot less nakedness.

4 comments:

Marisa and John said...

What a fun birthday for Tate! He's the cutest three year old I think I've ever seen. I'm glad you guys had fun celebrating his special day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Tate! Thanks for sharing your cookie.

nick&abby said...

I can't believe he's 3! Happy birthday (late) Tate! :) I LOVE the image of him yelling at the baseball game, by the way....cracks me up!

Amy said...

Tracy and all. I LOVE that he pooped at McDonald's. That is one that you will remember always. Thank you for writing such an entertaining and inspiring blog. We pray for you often and think of you even more often.

The Hogrefe's.