Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sweet Miracles

I'd like to introduce you to my my precious nephew who was born this morning at 7:41, weighing in at 8 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. He is the second son of Brad's sister, Jill and her husband Eric. They also have an almost two year old little boy, Cade. We are so happy to welcome the newest member of our family.

And to make it even more special...his name is Colton Nash Miller... how beautiful is that?

As y'all can imagine, today is a very bittersweet day. We are thrilled that this little one has joined our family. A true joy in the midst of such difficult times. For so many years now, Eric and Jill have laughed with us, cried with us, grown up with us. We have been a part of each other's weddings and been each other's closest allies. We are ALL grieving for Nash, and Jill and Eric have been right there with us, taking every step alongside us for the past six and a half months. So I know that as happy as today was for them, their thoughts were with us, knowing how the birth of a little boy would tug at our hearts.


I know that it will be difficult to watch Cade and Colton grow up together - best friends, worst enemies, but always brothers. These are the dreams that we had for our sons. As hard as this will be, I want both of my nephews to know how much I adore them. Today and always.

Sweet Colton, I cannot wait to meet you. Thank you for coming into all of our lives. You are so loved by more people than you can imagine. You are a very special little boy, who is named after your cousin, who I know would have been your best buddy. Please know that we are honored that your mommy and daddy chose this as your name. I love you, sweet boy.

Please pray for Eric, Jill, Cade, and Colton Miller as they begin this new chapter of their lives.
Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: