Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Birthday Boy


January 15, 2008 was one of the best days of my life. A second son. Another precious miracle. One year later, I look back and remember all the details of that amazing day...However, today I am not able to celebrate in the way that I had hoped. There's no cake, no party, no candles, and no one year old little boy in the middle of it all. For this, my heart grieves so strongly today. But I also know that heaven is having the most beautiful celebration for Nash - I don't know that there are any cakes or candles, but if there are they are grander and more amazing than anything we could ever create here on earth. I do know that he is being wrapped up in the arms of God and his great grandparents. I do know that he is crawling around among his many friends, the other little ones that left this earth much too soon. And I do know that he will feel the love that is being sent his way from so many people whose lives he has touched.

Today is also a day for celebration here on earth. Granted, not the kind of celebration that we had dreamed of, but celebration nonetheless. A day to remember Nash as a son, a brother, a grandson, a friend. A day to look at his sweet face and be thankful that he was here - even if only for a brief time. I believe wholeheartedly that Brad and I are lucky people to have been chosen to be his parents. We are planning on lighting a candle at church this morning, bringing flowers to the bench, and letting some balloons go this afternoon with Tate.

As a special way to celebrate Nash's first birthday with friends and family, a great friend of mine, Jennifer Feagin, created a beautiful slide show that is attached at the bottom of this post. God has blessed us with the amazing support and love of so many people. Thank you, Jen for being one of them.
We invite you all to join us in remembering Nash today. Enjoy the slide show.
Love to y'all,
Tracy
(Once the link comes up, you may need to click the "View Larger" button on the bottom right.)


2 comments:

Molly D said...

We love you guys and are sending our prayers your way.

whitefarm said...

That was so very precious. What a keepsake. As you said about the bench, we'd rather have little Nash but that's not an option. so this is a very precious gift. Thank you for sharing. Our love and prayers for you...