Sunday, February 5, 2012

Help Wanted

Every year around this time, our family starts to gear up for our annual participation in the March For Babies benefiting the March of Dimes.  We've been a part of this since 2009, less than one year after Nash passed away.  We raise money as a team and the proceeds go to this amazing organization that specializes in making sure babies are born healthy.  Many people know that March of Dimes does huge things to prevent prematurity in infants, but they also are responsible for funding research in order to lower infant mortality rates.  Nash was born full term, and yet his little heart wasn't working how it was supposed to.  I often wonder if there had been screenings or tests available for him, could we have seen the problems before it was too late?  

Raising money for March of Dimes gives me the feeling that I'm doing something in the face of the tragedy that our family lives with everyday.  By raising money, maybe we can save other babies' lives.  When Nash first died, people often asked us what they could do to help.  Back then, I wasn't really sure what I needed... but now I know how to respond.  By donating, people are remembering our little boy and helping other babies at the same time. 

Last year, our team finished in third place out of 400 Dallas family teams, and raised $10,590!  I am still blown away by this!  I am hoping to get to that total again this year, but I know that it's going to be a tough thing to achieve.  So please, if you would like to help our family reach our goal, please click the link below and donate.  I cannot thank you enough for you generosity.  

 Pics from March For Babies 2011

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: