Sunday, February 21, 2010

Did You Meet Him?

Since the moment I found out I was pregnant with Knox, I have been thinking about how much I wish he knew both of his big brothers. It makes me so sad to think that he will never have the memories or the pictures that Tate has with Nash.

I have come to think of the relationship between my middle and youngest son in a unique way. I think I've mentioned it before, but I believe that all babies are born so perfect and so pure that the only possible place they come from is heaven. If this is true, then I also believe that Nash and Knox met each other the moment God chose Knox to join our family.

The day Knox was born, my parents had left the hospital to take Tate home for a nap and Brad went to grab some lunch. I was alone in my room with my little boy. I remember he was in my arms and the curtains in my room were wide open to reveal an overcast sky. All of a sudden, I got overwhelmed with emotions, as I sat there. So incredibly happy to be holding Knox and so incredibly sad to be missing Nash. I looked down at Knox's sweet little face, and whispered, "Did you meet him?" And then I sat there and cried. Tears of joy and tears of relief. Tears of heartache and tears of despair. Tears of pain and tears of peace.

At that moment, I knew the answer to my question...

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: