Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pooh and Red Coke

Okay, let me explain...

Yesterday Tate had a really busy day, full of "firsts." In the morning, my mom and I took him to his first movie at the movie theatre. It was a special "toddler" showing of an old Mickey Mouse cartoon and an old Winnie the Pooh movie. After riding the big escalator, we grabbed our popcorn and M&Ms and climbed the stairs to our seats. Tate loved the theatre and was very interested in where the movie was coming from. He kept craning his neck to try to see the projector. He sat pretty well for about an hour and then got a little antsy. At one point, he figured out he could fit his body in between the seats in front of us. That's when we decided it was probably time to go... It seemed like Tate had a fun time, however, if you asked him what his favorite part was, I'd be willing to bet that he would say the escalator ride!
Then last night, Brad and I took Tate to his first Frisco Rough Riders Minor League Baseball game. He was sooooo impressed by the plane that dropped parachuters down onto the field for the National Anthem. And he loved the fireworks that went off at the start of the game. He watched the pitchers in the bullpen warming up and told me they threw the ball "berry fast!" He ate a hotdog drenched in ketchup and relish and shared peanut M&Ms with Brad... (I just realized he sure ate a lot of M&Ms yesterday - oops!).

As we were finishing eating, Brad was pulled from his seat to sit on a dugout with some other bald guys so that the mascot, Deuce, could play drums on their heads! Tate thought it was pretty funny to see his daddy on the big screen in centerfield! He kept pointing and yelling, "That's my daddy!"

In about the third inning Tate wanted some lemonade so I took him up to the concession area to look for some. After much searching, we couldn't find any, so I resorted to the next best thing: red Sunkist, which I called "Red Coke." He was BEYOND thrilled with this idea and gulped down that red, sticky syrup faster than I would've hoped... But it kept him quite happy (and loud and silly) for the next couple of innings.
Tate the Tough Guy


What a great day! ... But by about 9:30 this morning Tate asked for some more Red Coke. I quickly told him the Red Coke is only at Rough Rider games. Phew!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: