Friday, April 24, 2009

What Now?

A couple days ago, Brad's mom called and said she had just gone out to visit Nash's grave and when she got there, his headstone was there. We ordered it when we went to Iowa for Christmas and were expecting it to get there sometime late May or June. We just prayed it would be there before July 1st.

When her words sunk in, part of me was so relieved that it got there in time. Part of me was happy that Nash finally had a beautiful marker instead of a tiny plaque from the funeral home. But most of me was completely devastated. I hate that Brad and I know what it feels like to pick out a headstone for our baby. I hate that the stone is all we have to visit. I hate that I can't go to "see" him more often. And I hate that this was the last thing on our list to get figured out... we planned the funeral in Iowa, we planned the service down here, we got our bench, we received the autopsy report, and now we have the headstone. That's it. What do we do now? It feels too complete. Enough time has gone by that all of these things have been arranged. The days keep getting further and further away from when Nash was here with me. So what now?

Honestly, I'm not really sure. So I guess I'll just keep holding on.

Love to y'all,
Tracy



3 comments:

Marisa and John said...

Praying for you always Tracy!

Ben and Abby said...

Sending hugs, prayers, comfort, and courage your way, Tracy. I'm so glad the headstone will be there when you go visit in July. Blessings to you and Brad and your family.

nick&abby said...

I'm glad that Nash's headstone is there. I like how Grandpa J.'s is right behind him...like he's keeping an eye on him for ya until you get to be there with him again someday :)