Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Growing Up

With the start of a new year, I'm proud to say that each of my three kids has come up with resolutions of their very own... well, sort of.  

Brady officially had her very last bottle last night before bed.  She's been down to one bottle for months now, and hasn't ever needed it to go to sleep.  But thinking about my very last child with their very last bottle made me a little sad.  So I was putting it off.  I was glad that she let me hold her a little bit while she drank it, but it made me sad too.  She's growing up way too fast.  
My sweet Knox has hit a big milestone over the past few weeks: he's been asking me to use the potty many times throughout the day.  I haven't even brought up the subject of potty training, but I guess it's inevitable when he's banging on the bathroom door, yelling, "Let me in!  I gotta go potty!"  And then minutes later, emerges to tell his grandma, "That was a HOOOOOOGE turd!"  So we officially started a couple days ago and he's only had one accident.  The biggest problem he's having is that he doesn't like the feeling of underwear (keeps saying, "These feel CRAZY.") and he only goes like twice a day.  But we're working on it.
And last but not least, my big Tater.  There's not a lot of things that Tate doesn't pick up easily.  He's just always been really coordinated and lucky in that way.  But there is one thing that he has not been able to figure out until literally a few days ago... ready for this?  I'm proud to announce that Tate can now blow his nose!!!  Okay, okay, so it seems silly, I know.  But seriously, y'all, I was about to sign him up for some nose blowing tutoring sessions or something.  It was comical to watch him concentrate so hard, take a deep breath, and then blow the air out of his mouth over and over again.  We've been working on this for like four years.  Switch hitting, riding a two wheeler, or tying his shoes are pieces of cake compared to his biggest arch nemesis... the kleenex.
Happy New Year to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: