Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lessons for a Mommy

Today is always a day of mixed emotions. I have so much love and gratitude for my own mom and I'm happy to celebrate that today. In addition, I'm the most blessed woman on the planet for having Tate, Knox, and Brady here with me to cover me in kisses and I love yous. But there's always a void, no matter how great the day is. Mother's Day is about being with those closest to you and when one of your babies isn't here, it's hard to accept. 

Nash was here for Mother's Day in 2008.  I'm thankful for that.  I remember going to the Marriott in Addison for brunch, hoping we could make it through without any crying or meltdowns... he was about 4 months old.  I was proud to be toting around my two baby boys, both under two years old.  I felt true, true happiness.  I'm grateful I had that day.  
Each of my kids has taught me so many things.  Some more important than others... Just this past Friday, Tate taught me that he has bad aim when he tries to pee in the kitchen garbage can.  The same night Knox showed me how the words, "Ta da!" and a sweet smile can make a broken lamp not really matter.  And Brady taught me this morning that six month olds love pancakes.  But seriously, my kids have brought so much into my life and when I look into their blue eyes, I am blessed to be reminded of their most important teachings...
Tate, my strength.
Nash, my faith.
Knox, my hope.
Brady, my peace.

God Bless you ALL, my little ones.  Thank you for making me a mommy.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

Ben and Abby said...

Tracy - your posts are so well-written. Your babies are so lucky to have YOU as their mommy. :)

Neecie said...

Dear Tracy,
Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day. I am so blessed to be your mom and the grandmother of four very special children.
I have one addition to to blog entry - you are my inspiration - to live, to love, to dream to remember.