Saturday, May 26, 2012

If I'd Never Known Your Name

Ten years ago yesterday I walked down the aisle towards the rest of my life.    While we were getting ready in the morning, I told Brad that looking back, as great as our actual wedding was, if I were to do it over again, I'd change things here and there.  Maybe the centerpieces, probably the guest list, definitely my hair!  ...But that I'd choose him all over again in a heartbeat.  On May 25, 2002, I had no idea of the highs and lows that would meet us as the years would go by.  But I knew that I wanted Brad to be the one that I experienced them with.  And that hasn't changed a bit.

If any of y'all are country fans, I guarantee you know the song, "A Woman Like You" by Lee Brice.  It is the sweetest love song a guy could write.  It's not sappy, not even slow.  Just really, really true and written from his heart.  If you don't know the song, click here to listen to it.  Every time I hear it, I think of how my life would be if I'd of never known Brad's name...

... more reality TV ...maybe a personal trainer... definitely no Camero (or pick-up for that matter) in my garage... surly would've learned to like martinis by now... get regular mani/pedis... buy a lot more Coach purses... wouldn't know the Ranger's starting line-up by heart... be a regular at romantic comedy movies... never have ridden in a tractor... wouldn't be driving a big ole Yukon XL because I wouldn't have my sweet babies to put in it...
As the song says, I wouldn't trade a single to day for a hundred years the other way.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for blessing me with a man that takes care of me and loves me (and sometimes just tolerates me!).  Happy, happy anniversary, Brad!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

3 comments:

David and April Vinson said...

Aw! Congratulations to an amazing couple! Happy Anniversary!

nick&abby said...

Wow...10 years already?! Happy anniversary:)

Ben and Abby said...

Aw....LOVE THAT SONG. Just seeing you write it on here made me tear up. Sweet, sweet Tracy!! Happy Anniversary!!