Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 169

January 15, 2008 - July 1, 2008

As of 9:55pm tonight, Brady will have outlived her older brother.  That's a hard sentence to write.  Just like with Knox, I have dreaded and yet needed this day to come since the day she was born.  It's like a deep sigh of relief along with a gut-wrenching lurch of my stomach at the same time.  

While giving Brady a bath tonight, I just kept staring at all her little parts and thinking about just how little Nash was the day he died... tiny fingers, tiny toes.  Little knees and elbows.  A perfect belly button on a round little tummy.  And those blue, blue eyes.  There is so much of Nash in Brady.  I'm thankful for that on most days.  But tonight, it just made me miss him so much more.  

169 days is way too short.  How is a mommy supposed to give a baby a lifetime's worth of love in that amount of time?  I pray everyday that some way, somehow I was able to do that. 169 days.  

Love to y'all,
Tracy

Nash and I on June 25, 2008

1 comment:

Neecie said...

Last week, I too kept remembering. As I held Brady in my arms, all I could think of was this is the age Nash was the last time I held him. Sunday was indeed tough. I kept thinking 5 months and 16 days. Brady is indeed another blessing for our family to treasure just as all of her big brothers.