Friday, August 5, 2011

Gulf Shores

We got back this afternoon from our annual trip to the beach.  This year, we went to Gulf Shores, Alabama... for my fellow northerners, there's a beautiful stretch of beach in southern Alabama where TONS of Texans head for their vacations every year.  We were supposed to go last year, but ended up cancelling because of the oil spill that happened in the Gulf of Mexico.  So this was our first year of going to this particular beach and I'm happy to say that we are already planning our trip for next year.

My mom and I drove with Tate and Knox for 11 1/2 hours through east Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and then Alabama last weekend and ended up at our condo at the Beach Club in Gulf Shores on Sunday evening.  My dad flew in (lucky!) to meet us there for a couple days so he could enjoy some beach time with his grandsons.  Brad wasn't able to get the time off because he's planning on taking a good chunk when the new baby gets here in October.  Bummer, I know.  But we had such a good - and exhausting! - time making new memories with the boys.   

Here are some of my favorite pics from our trip...

Love to y'all,
Tracy


2 comments:

Neecie said...

Beautiful boys, beautiful memories! What more can this proud grandma say.

Judy said...

The boys look like they had a great time on the beach!! Glad you had a safe trip!! Love Judy