Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mustang Island

We got back yesterday afternoon from our week long adventure on the beach!  Overall, the boys were sooooo good... looking back, it seems a little crazy that my mom and I took on this endeavor.  With Knox just turning six months old, and not being able to sit by himself, it was a bit of a challenge to keep him occupied on a beach or at the pool.  But Tate and Knox were both troopers and I think all four of us had a really memorable trip...

Not-So-Favorite Memories...
1. Looooong car rides
2. Crying baby in the car
3. Hour long delays on interstate (to go THREE measley miles)
4. Road Construction
... Are you sensing a pattern here???  Let's just say the car rides weren't so fun for any of us!!!

Favorite Memories...
1. Little toes in the sand
2. Tan lines
3. Shopping for souveniers... we had to bring Daddy back a coozie, right???
4. Dairy Queen
5. Tate learning how to do cannon balls and belly flops
6. Knox's little fishing hat
7. Watching the Bachelorette Finale with Mom
8. Sunday brunch - Tate met the people at the next table and proceeded to tell them his life story... "This is my brother, Knox.  It's spelled K-N-O-X... I have lots of Monster Trucks...  I have two Cades - Kade Yochim and Cade Miller... I'm four... "
9. Seeing a dead fish and Tate asking, "Who shot it?"
10. Laying out by the pool while the boys napped
11. Fish Tacos
12. Tate building Monster Truck ramps in the sand
13. Knox sitting in the shallow waves of the Gulf of Mexico, and then putting a fistful of sand in his mouth
14. Walking on the boardwalk
15. Running back down the boardwalk when Tate had to pee, only to find we couldn't get through the gate because we had no key... so Tate peed over the edge of the boardwalk... Oops.

Ahhhh... there's nothing better than sweet boys and sweet memories.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

Neecie said...

This was a very special vacation. I hope Tate remembers his first real beach experience. I know that I will cherish my memories forever. Taking a vacation with my daughter and grandsons was a week of laughter, wet bathing suits, fast food and sleepless nights. All of it was great!