Monday, August 16, 2010

School Days

My sweet four year went back to school today.  I was so, so sad that I couldn't be there to take him because it was also my first day back at school.  But Brad got to do the honors, so I'm happy about that. 

I will say that this is most likely the only day this year, where my son will be in a polo and khakis... most days I'm sure it'll be Adidas shorts and T-shirts. What can I say... that's just the way we roll!   Actually, he wanted to wear a "muscle shirt" today, but we convinced him otherwise.  See, this family has standards!!!

Best story for the first day of school?  It happened over dinner and goes something like this:
Me: "What are some of your new friends' names?"
Tate: "Michael.  And Taylor."
Me: "Drink your milk.  Is Taylor a boy or a girl?"
Tate: "A girl.  And there's Kaitlyn."
Me: "Oh, so she's a girl too."
Tate: "Nope.  Kaitlyn's a boy."
Me: "No, I think Kaitlyn's a girl."
Tate: "No.  He's a boy.  Can I have more potatoes?  I love butter."

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

that is so cute! I can't believe he's off to school already