Saturday, September 19, 2009

Play Ball!!!

For the past six weeks, Tate has been going to baseball practice on Saturday mornings. It's all three year olds and they don't play any games - just spend the forty-five minutes learning how to play the game and doing drills.

For the most part, Tate enjoys his time at practice and always tells me how much fun he had when it's time to leave. But at times, he acts shy and doesn't want to participate... although 99% of the time, it's when they're doing drills that are more for fun and less for baseball. If it has to do with fielding, throwing, or hitting, he's ready for action.

Of course, I'm totally biased, but he seems to be ahead of the pack when it comes to his skills and even his knowledge of the game. The "coach" always goes to him for answers, like "point to second base," etc. And more than once, he's had the dads flinching out in the field as a whiffle ball whizzes past their heads.

Who knows if baseball will be Tate's "thing" as he grows up. But one thing's for sure: I absolutely LOVE watching him out there. It's amazing to watch this little boy act like such a big kid. And I know I'll always be his number one fan.

Enjoy my little baller...

Love to y'all,
Tracy


Do we have a future catcher on our hands???

Sliding Practice

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

oh my word, that is so cute! I would LOVE watching him play too!!