Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Worldwide Candle Lighting

I am writing this post with a heavy heart. I wish so desperately that I didn't have to write this; that I didn't have to ask my friends and family to do this for me. But I know that I have gotten this far in my journey of grief because of the strength I have gotten from the prayers of you all. God has truly lifted me up and carried me in His hands over the past five and a half months. I am confident that all who read this will do their best to help me with my request...

As some of you know, I have been attending The Compassionate Friends meetings every month. This is a support group for parents of children who have died. Through this group I have learned about a special day that is quickly approaching.

According to their website...
"The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting®, held annually the second Sunday in December, this year December 14, unites family and friends around the globe as they light candles for one hour to honor and remember children who have died at any age from any cause. As candles are lit at 7 p.m. local time, creating a virtual wave of light, hundreds of thousands of persons commemorate and honor the memories of children in a way that transcends all ethnic, cultural, religious, and political boundaries.
Now believed to be the largest mass candle lighting on the globe, the Worldwide Candle Lighting, a gift from TCF to the bereavement community, creates a virtual 24-hour wave of light as it moves from time zone to time zone. Hundreds of formal candle lighting events are held and thousands of informal candle lightings are conducted in homes as families gather in quiet remembrance of children who have died, but will never be forgotten."

Here is where you come in. I am asking all who read this to please, please light a candle for one hour in honor of Nash starting at 7:00pm on this Sunday evening. It would mean the world to me to know that people are thinking of him at that time. I know that he will witness the most glorious light shining up at him as he watches from heaven.

I hate that I even know about this Worldwide Candle Lighting. I hate that there has to be such a thing. But I love that I have the most supportive and wonderful friends to lean on. I love that my little boy will be remembered on this night.

Please feel free to pass this on to others that you feel would be interested in sending Nash some love. Brad and I will be looking towards the sky, hoping that he will look down upon us and know how very much we adore him and how very blessed we are to be his mommy and daddy. Thank you for sharing in this special day with us. God Bless you all.
Tracy

5 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

Hey,
Hope you don't mind...I posted a blog asking my friends to come read your blog. I want everyone to know Nash and help however they can.
Stay strong...you are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

My sweet friend. I will be thinking of your little boy Nash along with my tiny Aurora on Sunday night and on Christmas Day.I know this Christmas will not be exactly what you had hoped it would be. Nash past away a few months ago and it still seems like a bad dream that happend yesterday. I wish there was something I could do to help you ease your pain. Just remember that you are not alone. He is with you.You are a very special mommy Tracy. I'm sure Nash loved being with you too and he doesn't want to see his mommy sad. Thank you for all your postings. I enjoy reading them and looking at the funny pics. Love ya! Grace

nick&abby said...

Tracy, I'm in tears now. My heart aches for you, Bradley and Tate. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child, but despite that... please know that I think about you at least once a day... Nash's picture is on our fridge... we are praying for you guys...I forwarded your blog on to our bible study since we are meeting that night and we're going to light a candle for your sweet boy then.
Know that you are so loved and in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy
You don't know who I am,but I know Brad and his family, we are from the same small little town in Iowa. I just want to tell you how wonderful and strong you are. I look forward to reading your blogs every week. You make me want to be the best mom I can to my 2 girls and not take advantage of everyday. We will keep you and Baby Nash in our prayers. Keep up the good work with Tate, (he looks like a handful).

Feagin Blog said...

Hi my dear friend,
Today is the first day I have actually logged on and read your blogspot. I don't know how I missed the fact that you had the blog!
Your words have reduced me to a puddle of tears sitting at my computer but, through those tears the photos and video clips of little Tate bring bursts of laughter. Thank God for that amazing little man.
Tonight I read parts of your candle lighting email to my four children so they could participate and understand what we were doing. Faith(2) cried a little bit, mainly because I was crying while reading it. The boys were sad, both by their ability to cherish a sibling and their love for you. Hunter suggested that we turn off the Cowboy kickoff and light our candles as a family. Chandler suggested that we take a candle per family member and shape them in an "N". Weston thought we should arrange them and light them in our "beautiful room" a.k.a formal living room.....so that when Nash saw our lights it would be from a beautiful place in our home. Each one of us lit our candles and it formed a beautiful glowing "N". Just like his glowing spirit that will remain in each our hearts ....and not just today but, everyday!
Continuous prayers and love!
All the Feagins!