Thursday, December 4, 2008

A New Tradition?

Today after I picked Tate up from "school," we headed to Walmart to pick up some odds and ends that I couldn't find at Target this morning. I'm beginning to think Tate prefers Walmart to Target because we hardley ever go there, but when we do he is MUCH more well behaved. He was happy as could be, walking down the aisles with me, stopping occasionally to look at ornaments or plastic tubs or oranges. We were on our way to the check out lines, when Tate spotted a huge display of gingerbread houses in our path. He just stared up at the big tower of boxes, looking oh so sweet. What's a mom to do?
I quickly realized he was much more interested in eating than in helping me out.

Once I got the candy out, he was ready to dig in...But after a couple well-placed gumballs, he soon became obsessed with picking out all the gumdrops and eating those.



The finished product!!! Notice there are absolutely NO gumdrops that made it onto the house. Okay, so we're not the best ginderbread house makers. I could use a little help with my frosting ability and he could learn to not lick his fingers so much. But it sure was fun to share something new with my little boy. Maybe we'll try again next year... in fact, I'm sure of it!

Love to y'all,

Tracy

No comments: