Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Progress

Just wanted to keep y'all posted on what's going on with my book.  First of all, I have to note that since I last wrote, I've gotten almost $200 more in donations.  Whooohoooo!!!  Secondly, I've chosen the publisher that I'm going to have make my book.  I'm using CreateSpace which is Amazon's self publishing counterpart.  I've spoken to their Publishing Consultant and we've established a timeline to try to stick to.  Basically, it sounds like once the illustrations are finished, it will only take between 2 1/2 and 3 months to have the book completely finished.  How cool is that???

Speaking of the pictures, my brother is currently working on them.  I've included some of his illlustrations below (from other projects he's done) just so you can see his style and ability.  He works mostly in pen and then watercolors over it.  It's pretty stinkin' amazing if you ask me.  I've asked him to try to have most of the illustrations ready to go by mid to late March so that I can contact CreateSpace and officially get started.
 
 
A beginning sketch of a forest. 
Very early stages of a final draft. 
Sketch with some water color over it... this one is for my book. 
 
I can't believe it's getting so close now.  To think that by summer, I should be holding Home Runs in Heaven in my hands is pretty incredible.
 
Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: