Thursday, January 9, 2014

Plans for the New Year

Now that 2014 is nine days in, I've had time to think about where I want this year to go.  I've debated all my usual resolutions and pretty much shot them down one by one.  This year, I feel like I need something more.  Something big.  So I've decided to embark on a long-awaited journey.

Rewind just a bit. 

January 1st always marks the 1/2 way mark of Nash's passing.  He died on July 1, so this past New Year's Day marked exactly 5 1/2 years that he's been gone.  It always hits me pretty hard, as I wrestle with the clean slate hopefulness of a brand new start and the acknowledgement that more time has passed since I've seen my baby's sweet face.  Bittersweet is an understatement. 

Nash's sixth birthday is coming up next week and I've decided that it's on that day that I'm going to begin working towards my ultimate goal for 2014.  I've worked for five years on a very special and personal "project" and I think I've come up with a way to - hopefully - make it a reality. 

So next Wednesday, January 15th, on Nash's birthday, I'm going to ask for A LOT of help from anyone and everyone to accomplish a feat that I don't even know is truly possible at this point.  There will be lots more details to come.  I'm really looking forward to start on this path... 

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: