Monday, January 20, 2014

99

I've felt the need to follow up on my last post for days now.  I need to take a moment to brag on my incredible friends and family members.  In just over five days, 99 families have donated to the book I wrote, Home Runs in Heaven, which puts me at just under $8000, AND over $500 has been donated directly to the March of Dimes.  Can you believe this???  All in the memory of one sweet baby boy.
 
 
The blessings just keep coming... The day after I submitted my book to the Pubslush website, I received an email from them, saying I had set a record for the amount of money raised in only one day and that they would be moving my excerpt to their homepage... which they have now done.  It's the first thing you see if you happen onto their site.  Pretty cool. 

Check out the homepage here:
www.pubslush.com
Or you go directly to my donation page here:
www.pubslush.com/books/id/961

In addition, the woman that contacted me, mentioned that she was passing my name on to their social media person because they'd like to feature me on the Pubslush blog.  Even cooler!  I figure, the more my book gets "out there," the more money I can raise to publish it and then give to March of Dimes. 
 
Another really amazing thing I wasn't expecting... Pubslush provides a spreadsheet of all the people who have donated to me, so that I can keep track of everything.  I am really humbled by how many people on the list are complete strangers to me.  I've done some stalking... I mean digging around, and I've been able to figure out the connection to some of them.  But a handful are still a mystery.  I just can't get over the fact that people I don't even know are so willing to help me with my dream.  How did I get this lucky?
 
Last week at this time, I was spending a lot of time worrying over whether or not this was the best way for me to get published.  I worried what the reception would be like.  I worried that people would think it was a silly thing for me to try to do.  And I worried that, in the end, I'd just be disappointed.  But thanks to you, those worries are gone.  I couldn't be more grateful.

Love to y'all,
Tracy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! How cool to get so much attention! You deserve it ;)