Thursday, December 29, 2011

Not Out of the Woods Yet

The last time I wrote, I thought we were FINALLY turning a corner with the kids being sick.  Thursday of last week Knox finished his antibiotic and Brady was doing well on hers.  Then... Friday rolled around and Knox started acting really fussy.  As the weekend went by, the fussiness increased tenfold and the sleep decreased to nearly non-existent.  Not a Merry Christmas in this house!  By Monday, I was about to lose it, so we went to the pediatrician AGAIN and found out Knox now had strep!  Seriously?! So now he's on a different antibiotic.  Ugh.

Monday and Tuesday were even more brutal than the weekend.  One night we put him down at 7:45pm and he finally fell asleep at 3:15am (seriously, I'm not exaggerating) and slept till 5:45am and that was it.  Another night I finally sat on the couch with him and we watched Sesame Street at 3:30am.  It was absolutely terrible!!!  I started to notice that he was acting like his mouth was sore.  He wanted to eat, but it's like his tongue and gums were hurting him.  So to make a long story short, we headed BACK to the doctor yesterday and then to the dentist this morning to find out that he has some kind of virus in his mouth that happens relatively often in little ones when they are getting new teeth.  He's gotten his four canines in the last few months and I guess this is the culprit for the virus.  The good news is that we know what it is that's putting him in so much pain.  The bad news is, like all viruses, we have to let it run its course.  YAY.  
He does seem to be acting a little more like himself last night and today.  Brad slept in his bed last night and said he only cried out five or six times between 12am and 7am, which is MUCH better than the 10-12 times per hour he was doing the previous nights (again, no exaggeration!).  So I'm PRAYING that he's gonna get over this soon.   I miss my sweet little boy!  

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

Ben and Abby said...

Oh Tracy!!! How terrible!!! I pray that he's getting better...heal baby, heal! :(