Thursday, July 7, 2011

Excuses

I meant to write a post right on July 1st to let y'all know how much I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers for our family during the worst couple days of the year.  Truly, truly, my intention was there.  As the day wore on, I figured I'd get around to it the next day... But that night, poor Knox woke up with a 103 degree temp, which we then dealt with over the next three days.  We found out that he had an ear infection and got him on antibiotics the night before we left on our fourteen hour car ride back to Dallas.  UGH.

Once we got home, I thought I'd write a post on July 5th - which marks the three year anniversary of Nash's funeral in Iowa.  I thought about it all day... what I should say, how I should say it... and then I just gave up.  So now a few days later, I guess I'm just writing to give a long list of my excuses as to why I haven't written since last week.  And really, the deep down reason for it, is just that I don't think I had the energy to do it.  Knowing that I'm going to sit down and pour my heart out takes a lot out of me.  And I think last week I was barely getting by as it was, so I just couldn't get myself come up with the words.  That's it.  My big excuse.  I was exhausted. 

So I'll just end this post by again saying how thankful we are to all of you who continue to walk with us down our journey of grief.  God bless you always.
Family Gathered at Nash's grave on July 1st
The Sievers Family
Cousins... Cade (in back), Knox, Tate, Jensen, Colton
Knox with his Buddy - Great Gpa Mike
On their way to Nash...
Always the Big Brother

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

Neecie said...

I have been checking your blog awaiting your newest post. When it wasn't there, I thought oh, I won't cry today. Tears came anyway. Like you, Tracy, this past week and the days ahead are tough - Beyond the definition of pain and grief. I find comfort in my amazing grandsons. Tate is growing up to be a compassionate and caring little boy and Knox with his gestures and baby language somehow communicates that he is a happy little boy. Tate and Knox give us strength and hope for this family's future. Thank you so much for my three grandsons and I am so blessed to have another grandchild in the fall.
God bless you, Tracy. Please know that you are surrounded by people that love you and need you. You make our lives so much better.

nick&abby said...

I love the last picture with Tate and Nash. So heart tugging.
I'm glad you figured out why Knox wasn't feeling good! Poor buddy. I hope your trip home was uneventful too! :)