Monday, June 27, 2011

Three Years Ago Today

June 27th, 2008... This day brings back so many memories for me.  In a few short days, we will be celebrating Nash's life as we commemorate the anniversary of his death. I've written in detail about all that happened back in June of 2009 I think, so if you want to know the whole story, feel free to look at those posts. 

Today is the day that marks the last time I saw my little boy alive.  We were dropping Tate and Nash off with Brad's parents for a week and then Brad and I were planning on coming up a few days later.  So even though Nash died on July 1st, June 27th is a tough day for me. 

I cannot believe that it's been THREE years.  Three years.  Some things that happened that day I remember like it happened yesterday and others are so blurry.  I remember what he was wearing... I remember where we were... I remember handing him and Tate off to their grandma.  But the rest is pretty unclear.  The one thing I know for sure is that when I was telling Nash good-bye that day, I never dreamed it would be for good... I never dreamed that I'd never see those blues eyes look up at me again. 

As I write this today, our family is up in Storm Lake, Iowa, getting ready to rally around each other as we remember our little boy this Friday.  I'm sitting at the table in my mother-in-law's house, looking out over the lake... towards the cemetary where Nash was laid to rest.  It brings me great comfort to be here - to be "close to him."  I'm going to head over to the cemetery soon - which is something I both love and hate at the same time.  But I need to go... I need to be there for him. 

I'll try to write later in the week... In the mean time, please pray for some healing this week for my family.  This path is more difficult than I ever imagined and this is the time of year that is the hardest.  Thank you in advance for all the prayers being said on our behalf.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

Neecie said...

Tracy,
My heart aches. I have come to refer to this week as "the countdown week". Some moments I recall the others are a blurr. I want to remember everything but I can't but I do feel every emotion. They come back strong.
Dad and I will there soon. It will be good to be with the Brad's family as we remember a special little boy who will life within our hearts forever.
May God bless you, Tracy. You are a very special daughter and mother.