Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Five Year Old

It's official... I have a five year old!!! Where does the time go? I swear that once you're a mom, you really understand what people mean when they say this.

We had a very busy day celebrating with Tate.  We opened presents first thing this morning and ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast - Tate's had special red birthday sprinkles on them of course!  Then grandma came with us as we headed off to swimming lessons.  After that, we met Tate's buddy Kade (and mom) at the movies to see Winnie the Pooh.  Tate didn't know Kade was coming and was soooo excited that he showed up!

Tate went to Kade's to play after the movie and I picked him up just in time to come home to open more gifts from his grandma and grandpa.  Then we all headed to meet Brad at a place called Magic Time Machine for dinner.  All the waiters are dressed as various characters and the restaurant itself is totally decked out with crazy and interesting stuff to look at ... like an actual school bus with a booth inside, or a pirate ship, or a huge crayon box...  I think all in all, Tate had a great day and is exhausted now that it's finally coming to an end... or at least, I am!

Each and every birthday my kids celebrate mean so very much to me and I want them to have the best days possible.  I'm so incredibly thankful to watch them grow up and pray each day that I'll be able to do so for many, many years to come.

Mmmmmm.... breakfast (with his new pirate costume)!
Kade and Tate at the movies
Magic Time Machine Birthday Boy
Happy Birthday to You!
Knox LOVES birthday cake!
Coolest gift from Mommy and Daddy?  A lifesize "fathead" on bedroom wall.

My Sweet Tater...
Five years ago today I became a mom.  One look at you and I realized what it meant to experience love at first sight.  And each and everyday since July 19, 2006, you have taught me what it means to be a mommy.  I know what it's like to feel like my heart is on the outside of my chest.  I know what it feels like to love someone so much it literally hurts.  I know what true worry means and true happiness is.  I know all of these things because of you.  
Five years ago, I never imagined that I would have learned so much from a little boy in such a short amount of time.  I never imagined that my love for you could literally grow everyday even when it feels like my heart couldn't possibly love anything anymore than I do at this moment.  I never imagined that I could be this thankful for a baseball hat wearing, dirty fingernail having, messy faced little boy.  I thought I understood back then what it meant to be a mom.  But Tater, you teach me the true meaning of this everyday. 
Thank you for being my sweet boy.  I love you more than you will ever realize.  God bless you today and always.
Mommy

No comments: