Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Great Season

Tate's T-ball season has finally come to an end.  If you ask him, he'll tell you his team went undefeated (even though they don't keep score for another couple years or so).  T-ball has been the highlight of Tate's week for months now and he's pretty disappointed that it's coming to an end.  As much as I LOVE watching my little slugger, I have to admit, I'm glad that braving the Texas heat to cheer on his team is over just in time for the brutal summer to begin... yesterday and today's high temps have been around 104 degrees.  UGH.

I couldn't be prouder of the ballplayer Tate has become.  At only four years old, he not only understands the game, but gives it 100% effort each and every time he's out there playing.  He's the first one on the field when his team isn't batting and the first one in the dugout when they're up.  He watches the game while he's sitting on the bench waiting to bat and cheers on his teammates for their efforts.   His love of the game is obvious to ANYONE who watches him.  The other parents on the team are constantly commenting on his talent and pure love of baseball.  I sure do love my little lefty!

Check out that form!
Line drive up the middle.
Focused and ready
Getting grounders
That smile says it all!!!
Trying to imitate his big brother
Tate's #1 Fan

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

Judy said...

I just love, love, love to watch my little grandsons play ball. Can u please move a little closer so that we all can go to the games (smile!) Can't wait to come cheer them on!!

nick&abby said...

yay for an undefeated season! :) haha....
You have the cutest little boys EVER!
I know..seriously...the high today is 105 here! It's kinda ridiculous.
Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!