Friday, May 20, 2011

So Far So Good

A couple days ago, Brad and I went to a perinatologist for a Level II sonogram.  It's basically just a very in-depth sonogram, where the doctor can see things better and clearer than a typical sono.  Because of Nash's heart problem, my obgyn wants to watch the new baby very closely.  (We had this done with Knox also).  So we schedule the Level II for 18 weeks and a fetal echocardiogram with a cardiologist at 22 weeks to keep tabs on the baby's heart.  

Like any mom, my nerves are heightened as these appointments approach.  I was doing pretty good all day, but when we got to the office, I started to get more and more anxious, praying that everything was going to go well.  I always tell Brad that I'm glad the doctor doesn't check my pulse or blood pressure because they would be through the roof.  

My heart was pounding as the appointment began, but as the time went by and the doctor talked us through everything she was looking at and measuring, I began to relax a little bit.  She spent a lot of time on the baby's heart and she summed it up, saying it looked, "Gorgeous."  What a wonderful word.  Gorgeous.  Thank you, God.

Profile of baby - the part that looks like an arm is actually the baby's thigh - it was crunched up in a little ball for much of the time we were looking at it. 
And just in case y'all are wondering... yes, this was the appointment where we could find out if the baby is a girl or a boy....................  So...................................  Oh, come on!  You know we don't want to know!  So baby #4 remains a surprise!!!  

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

Woohoo! :). And you are a cutie patootie preggo woman