Sunday, May 15, 2011

Batter Up!

This weekend, we were super busy with, what else?!  BASEBALL!  On Friday night we went to the Frisco Rough Riders game - they're a minor league team in the area.  It's always so nice to go because it's really close to home and it's such a small stadium, that the seats are good no matter where you sit.  The game didn't start until 7:00pm, so we were pleasantly surprised to make it through five entire innings before Knox was ready to head on home.

Tate before the game began.
Knox enjoying his vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.
Me and my boys.

Yesterday afternoon, we all headed to Arlington to watch the Rangers take on the Angels.  This time, Knox lasted through the bottom of the eighth and then left with my parents.  But Tate stayed until the game was over.  He loves baseball so much... He knows how to read the scoreboard and calls out "Foul Ball!" or "Two outs!"  It was so fun watching him cheer on the team... he was doing all the little cheers and chants that the crowd does throughout the game. 
Enjoying the beautiful day!
Tate pitched some balls in the "kids area" out in center field.

Knox watching his Rangers.

Then today, Tate had his second T-ball game of the season.  He is always SOOOOO excited to get to the field and I think Brad and I are just as excited to watch him play.  They don't keep score and everyone gets to bat each inning, but it is priceless watching him do something he loves so much. 

Even though they don't keep track of outs, while playing second base today, he got four different runners out.  The crowd was cheering for him by name.  He knew exactly what he was supposed to do and did it like a pro.  He batted three times - twice lefthanded and once right.  What can I say?  We've got ourselves a switch hitter!  And each time he ran home, he slid into home plate.  I seriously think I was beaming the entire game.  At the end of the game, his coach told the team how proud he was of all of them and then awarded Tate the game ball for all of his fantastic plays out in the field.  Way to go, Tater!
Right before his second at bat. 
 Sliding into home!
 
Showing me his game ball!

I think this was his second at bat, when he switched to batting right handed.

I hope that baseball continues to be a part of our lives for a long, long time.  I enjoy every moment of spending these times with the boys.  I look forward to so many more days spent on the field.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

Judy said...

priceless!!!!

nick&abby said...

Cutest little ball player! I love it!