Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Knox!

Yesterday Knox officially turned one!!!  And to top it off, Dallas was hit with the terrible storm that has been pummeling much of our country, so Brad and I both had the day off to spend with our little boys.  (We both have today off too!)  Let's face it, it doesn't take much to shut down all of DFW - an inch of ice and we're stuck at home until it clears.  Nice.

We had Knox's bday party on Saturday and lots of friends came over to help us celebrate.  Knox obviously had no clue as to what all the fuss was about, he was just happy that he got to eat a bunch of cake! 

 Mmmmmmm....... cake!

Cool new toy to ride on during walks!
New chair from Gma and Gpa... just like big brother's

Here's a quick run-down of our one year old:
LOVES:
Cuddling
Tate
Pizza
Grilled Cheese
Rolling a ball and then chasing it
His binkie
His blankie
Monster Trucks
Laying on McCarney
Climbing the stairs

DISLIKES:
Being told "no"  (sticks his lip out and pouts)
Balloons (screams if they get too close)
Sharing (yells while hitting his leg with one hand and head with the other... I really gotta get that on video)
Drinking out of a sippy cup (pushes it out of his face if I offer it to him)

Knox has proven time and time again what a sweet, sweet boy he is... a perfect fit to our family.

Dear Knox,
I can't believe that one year ago we first met... I remember it so clearly.  Love at first sight.  I thought to myself, "What did I do to deserve such a perfect little soul?"  And here we are, one year later, and I still am in awe that God thought I was good enough to be your mommy.

You have taught me so many things... I can do almost anything using only one hand.  I can change a diaper in five seconds flat.  I understand your "baby talk"... most of the time.  Because of you and your brothers, I know what it feels like to love unconditionally and be loved unconditionally.  But most of all, Knox, you showed me the true meaning of hope.  When you came into our lives, we had experienced the worst that life has to offer.  And then you came along.  And with you, you brought us hope.  It would be foolish to say that you made all of our anguish over Nash disappear.  After all, that's not your job.  And, that task is not one that anyone or anything can accomplish.  But when you were born, you showed us that our family can grow and move forward, making happy memories on this new path that God set us on.  You gave us the most amazing gift.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am thankful every minute that I am your mommy.  You make me smile and laugh and cry happy tears.  The love I have for you is beyond all measures.  God bless you today, tomorrow, and always.  

I love you,
Mommy

4 comments:

nick&abby said...

nuh-uh! He is not ONE already! What a cutie patootie!
Happy Birthday, Knox!

Ben and Abby said...

LOVE it. Sweet post, Tracy. Beautiful letter! Happy birthday, baby boy!! :)

Neecie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neecie said...

I am also blessed. I have an amazing daughter, a great son-in-law and three wonderful grandsons.
Happy Birthday, Knox!