Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweet Tater

Like most moms, I swear I could write a blog everyday about the funny things Tate says.  There's never a dull moment around here...

First off, let me give you a little background information... For the last three or four days, we've been noticing a terrible smell coming from somewhere upstairs.  When I say "terrible," I mean the worst smell I've ever smelled.  We thought through every possible explanation we could think of - a hidden dirty diaper, a lost milk cup, McCarney having an accident, dirty, dirty socks.  Brad checked the attic twice for dead animals.  This morning he even steam-vacced the entire upstairs... but to no avail.  The stench was just getting stronger.  By this afternoon, we were getting desperate, so Brad headed to the attic again to rummage around right above the spot where it smelled the worst.  And what do you know?  After lifting up an air duct, he found the culprit!!!  A BIG, fat, disgusting, dead rat!  AHHHH!!!!! 

Brad put the rat in a Target sack and took it outside.  At this point, Tate broke down into tears, saying he was so sad becaue the rat died.  He said, "I never even got to hold it.  And I really wanted to get my picture taken with him."  HUH?  He was literally in tears on my lap, sobbing about his "friend."  I had to reassure him over and over again that the rat was already in heaven having a great time.  This finally cheered him up enough to wipe his tears and get back to playing with his Monster Trucks.

Then tonight while eating a gourmet dinner or frozen pizza, leftover Taco Bueno, and Easy Mac, Brad was saying telling Tate how he and Knox were gonna have a lot of girlfriends when they got older because they are so cute.  Tate told Brad how he didn't want any girlfriends because "mommy is the only girl that I like."  Brad told him that someday he would find a girl that he really loved to which Tate replied, "Well I'll just punch that girl in the face."  Okay...  We told him that wasn't very nice to say.  So he amended it a little by saying, "I'll just toot in that girl's face."  Wow... what a lucky lady.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

2 comments:

nick&abby said...

that kid cracks me up! YUCK on the rat!

Kelly Jane said...

Seriously...I literally teared up reading this because I was laughing so hard! Love that boy!