Saturday, January 15, 2011

Three Year Olds

It's a dreary day in Dallas today. Lots of clouds to match my mood. I'm not overly depressed, just a deep feeling of bittersweet. Bittersweet because this day is such a day to be celebrated and yet a day that makes me miss my little boy so very much.

Nash would have turned three years old today... January 15th... One of the best days of my life. I find myself wondering what type of little boy he would be if he were here. Would he be funny or serious? Would he be confident or timid? Would he be loud or quiet? Would he be potty trained yet? Would he love baseball as much as Tate? Would he know how to write his name? So many questions and yet none of them have answers.

We've decided to do things today to remember Nash and to celebrate his short, but meaningful life.  This morning we will head over to the memorial bench at my school to decorate it with balloons.  Then we're planning on going to Chuck E. Cheese's because I'm sure he would have loved that place as much as his brothers do.  This evening our church's Mass is in memory of him, so we'll head over to that.  

But in the midst of all of the activity today, my biggest goal is to just remember my son.  I pray for lots of clear images of his sweet face.  I pray for wonderful memories to play through my mind.  I pray for more smiles than tears.  

Some of you who read this had met Nash, though most of you had not.  If you feel up to it, please feel free to meet him by clicking here.  

Love to y'all,
Tracy

3 comments:

Neecie said...

I too try to remember every giggle, every smile, every burp, everything. I too believe. I know that Nash feels our love.

I miss him so very much. I thank God for Nash being a part of my life. You, Brad and my three grandsons are such a blessing.

Happy Birthday to Nash.

Neecie said...

I miss him every day. He is etched into my heart and soul. I am so thankful for Nashy and those two little hands that held my fingers for a short while but wrapped around my heart forever. I love you guys. Grandpa.

David and April Vinson said...

Thinking of you and your sweet little Nash today! /Praying for you!