Sunday, November 23, 2008

Poor McCarney!

So my precious little boy was eating dinner tonight and being the great mother I am, I was cleaning up around the kitchen, doing some laundry, and who knows what else...basically not really paying much attention. McCarney, our chocolate lab, always sits at attention, waiting for Tate to drop something, or when he's feeling generous, he often shares his food (mostly the stuff he doesn't like!) with her. All of a sudden, I heard Tate start to yell and then crack up laughing and McCarney started scurrying around the kitchen table faster than usual. When I ran over to them, here's what I saw... Tate (minus his pants - sorry!) holding an empty yogurt container. So I'm thinking, "Oh, he spilled it again!" But as I looked closer, I noticed...
McCarney's face was full of yogurt! She didn't seem to mind. In fact, she was racing around trying to eat as much of the spilled treat as she could. So then I asked Tate what happened. Here's his two year old response.

So basically, I think he admitted that he poured yogurt on McCarney's head. At least he's honest, right?

On another note, I have to share something that happened at dinner on Friday night...My parents, Brad, Tate, and I were eating at Applebee's. Tate started going, "Who loves ______?" and filling in the blanks with the members of our family. Here's how it went:

"Who loves Mommy?"

"Me!"

"Who loves Daddy?"

"Me!"

"Who loves Tate?"

"Me!" (okay, so he's got a little bit of an ego...)

"Who loves Baby Nash?"

"Me!"

"Who loves Nanny?"

"Me!"

"Who loves Pa?"

"Me!"

"Who loves Miss Linda?" (his teacher)

"Me!"

"Who loves Baa Baa Black Sheep?"

"Me!" (HUH?)

"Who loves Obama?"

"Me!"

...I swear to you, that's what he said. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but I sure am glad to be there when he does.

Love to y'all!

Tracy

1 comment:

Ben and Abby said...

Poor doggie!! I loved Tate's explanation, though. And, did he have an eye mask on top of his head? That certainly accessorized well with his diaper!! :) Love it!!