Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's the Little Things

As much as I appreciated hearing all the things that my friends were thankful for on Facebook during their once-a-day posts about their gratitude, I didn't join in.  Like all of them, I'm thankful for God, my kids, my husband, my family, my friends, my home, my job... the list goes on and on.  And November aside, I try my best to be thankful for these things each and every day.  

The more I thought about it though, the more I find myself noticing the "little things" in life that I am thankful for as well.  Just the past few days have given me mountains of instances, but here's just a small sample.:

I'm thankful...
... that when Brady fell down the stairs, Brad caught her by her ankles.
... that even after Thanksgiving and all of it's fixins, my pants still fit - albeit a little tighter maybe.
...that the guy at Chick Fil A didn't make any smart comments when I showed up at his drive through twice in one day.
...that when Tate repeatedly smacks me in the side of the head while playing "indoor baseball," he's only using a squishy ball.
... that Brad didn't totally freak when I told him we were setting up a third Christmas tree this year (is two really enough for anyone?)
... that when Knox spilled his milk all over the wood floor, it was already dirty anyway.
... that literally two minutes later when Brady pulled the dog's dish full of food off the counter, I got to her before she put any in her mouth - which is better than last time.
... that one minute later when Brady tried to pull the dog's water dish off the table (which Brad put there so she wouldn't play in it), I got to her before she succeeded in her little plan - which, again, is better than last time.

Like I said, I am grateful each and everyday for ALL of the beautiful things in my life... both big and small.

Love to y'all,
Tracy


No comments: