Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Is Nash Really in Heaven?"

These were the words of one of Tate's kindergarten friends the other day at school.  He ran up to me and asked, "Is Nash really in heaven?"  I told him, that yes, Nash is in heaven, and he ran off happily to find the rest of his friends.  

It all came together when I got this email from Tate's teacher (who is a great friend of mine)...

Just wanted to give you a heads up that today at teacher table when we were writing things we are thankful for, Tate decided to write about his family. He wrote that he was thankful for his bruvers (brothers ;-) ) and sister which caused some kids to ask him about having more than one. He did an awesome job explaining what happened and it was so touching to hear how compassionate they were. When he finished his work he decided to draw a picture of heaven and Nash's bench in the front of school. You'll probably see it in his folder today. I will give you more details today when I see you after school. I just thought you'd be happy to know that Nash would be so proud of his big brother today. 
I cannot tell you how much this melts my heart.  My sweet Tater, telling the story of his little brother, without a worry about what others will think.  To him, Nash will always just be his brother.  I'm so proud of my little boy.

Love to y'all,
Tracy  

2 comments:

Ben and Abby said...

Wow. Amazing. So sweet....what a good role model Tate is for his friends and Brady and Knox. :) Love that sweet boy!!

nick&abby said...

that is so awesome! What a great big brother :)