Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest.

Yesterday we hosted Brady's birthday party - full of food, friends, and fun! Considering she never took a good nap, she was a trooper and went with the flow pretty well.  It was a costume party, so all the little ones came decked out in their Halloween best... and boy were they cute!  

I feel this would be the appropriate time to get something off my chest, so here goes... I must admit, I'm a bit of a "Pinterest-a-holic."  There, I said it.  I take full responsibility.  I browsed and browsed the Halloween ideas for just a little help. I had a couple things in mind and then it hit me... If I only do a few things here or there, what kind of "Pinterest user" am I?  This should be the perfect time to go all out, right?  How could I justify not using Pinterest to it's full potential?  So I started to go a little crazy (ask Brad).  I came up with a great plan of what to make and how to decorate, and it actually sounded relatively easy.   Well let me just tell you that the planning and executing were a bit stressful - okay more than stressful.  But, in the end,  it was all worth it for our sweet little girl.  After all, you only turn one once! 
Helium balloons up the walkway using golf tees to anchor in the grass... thank you, Pinterest.
Stacked pumpkins on the doorstep with our initial in glitter... thank you, Pinterest.
A "Make Your Own Cupcake Station" full of frosted cupcakes and all the yummy fixins... thank you, Pinterest.
Lots of great fall recipes... Monster Munch... thank you, Pinterest.
Caramel Apple Dip... thank you, Pinterest.
Cheese Ball in the shape of a pumpkin... thank you, Pinterest.
White Chocolate Covered Straw"boo"ies... thank you, Pinterest.
A fall mantel with more glittered pumpkins... thank you, Pinterest.
A banner of pics of Brady from her first year... thank you, Pinterest.
Our little watermelon... thank you, God.
Kissing one of her favorite big girls... Miss Lainey.
She loved opening her presents.
Mmmmmmm.............
Nothing like a cake that's bigger than the person that's supposed to eat it!
A sign of a good time... icing in your ear.
My sweet, sweet baby girl!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

how cute! Pinterest just rocks my world :) Nice work, Trac!