Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break... Brrrrrrrr!!!

My mom, Tate, Knox, and I headed to Chicago on Saturday to visit family for the first couple days of our Spring Break.  My dad met us because he was already there on business.  It worked out so great! 

My brother and his girlfriend, Kara, drove up from St. Louis.  My grandma and her husband met us there as well (they live in a neighboring suburb).  Plus, my mom's brother and his family drove from Indiana to hang out with us on Saturday and Sunday - this included my three cousins which I haven't seen in at least three years or so.  My youngest cousin, Ian, even flew in from Yuma, Arizona (he's in the Marines) and surprised us because he heard we were all getting together.  My grandma was beyond thrilled to have all her grandchildren together - plus Tate and Knox! 
Grandma with all her grandbabies...Ian (front), Eric, Kara, Trent, Tate, Ann, Knox, Me
The Cousins

On Sunday afternoon, we drove about an hour from Chicago to Indiana, where my dad's brother lives.  We spent the next two nights there with my aunt and uncle.  It was so nice just catching up and hanging out.  
Aunt Mary Jo and Knox reading Good Night Moon
Tate drinking his first ever cup of hot cocoa after playing baseball in the backyard in thirty degree weather.
Aunt MJ and Uncle Terry with me and the boys

All in all, we had a fantastic trip.  The boys couldn't have been better behaved... they felt right at home with everyone we saw and played their hearts out.  I was so proud of them for being little troopers.  I will admit that Knox had a complete breakdown on the plane this afternoon on the way home - which almost led to my complete breakdown as well.  But other than that, what a great - albeit cold - Spring Break!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

how fun! it's always a blast when everyone can get together...maybe next year you all can go somewhere warmer...like Cali, perhaps? ;) We have room!