Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas is in the Air!

The past few days have been quite the reminder that Christmas will be here before we know it!  On Thursday night, Tate had his Christmas Program at preschool.  Last year, he literally laid down behind the girls he was supposed to stand next to and didn't sing one word of any of the songs.  So I just prayed that he would at least stand up this year.  But my worries were put to rest when he stood there, sweet as could be, and sang all the songs just like he had practiced.  Phew!  (Notice the kid in the far left of the picture... HA!)

My brother, Trent, came in town on Friday for a visit since he can't get the time off work during Christmas.  So yesterday, the boys and I helped my mom and dad decorate their tree.  Then last night, we all ventured out to ride on the Polar Express.  They had a tent set up, where we all sang Christmas carols.  Then everyone went outside to board a real train.  Tate was so excited to see the snow they had blowing... he was trying to catch the snowflakes on his tongue.  We rode the train as more Christmas music played and the conductor came around and punched our tickets just like in the movie.  Then Santa showed up and shook all the kids' hands.  Tate was thrilled with the whole experience and Knox just sat there wide-eyed, trying to take it all in. 



This afternoon, my mom, Trent, Tate, and I went to the Galleria in Dallas and went ice skating around the HUGE tree.  Tate did pretty well, considering he'd never set foot in ice skates before.  Each time around, his confidence grew more and more.  By the time we were finished, he told me, "See, I told you I could ice skate."

I can't believe we leave for Iowa in less than two weeks!  We are all so excited to see Brad's family and celebrate Jesus' birth together!

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: