Sunday, September 5, 2010

Simple Is Never Simple

We're having such a nice, relaxing Labor Day weekend.  No big plans.  Nowhere we have to be.  Just enjoying our family.  It all seems so simple. 

And yet, it's in these moments that Nash's absence becomes all too apparent.  Minutes ago, I was outside enjoying the beautiful September weather.  Tate and I were playing a game, while Brad was cleaning out the garage.  Knox is upstairs asleep.  It's times like these that I can't help but wonder where Nash would fit in to all of this.  Would he be bothering us while we tried to play, taking our ball and frustrating his older brother?  Would he be playing on the slide, happy to be such a big boy now?  Would he be sprawled on the couch with a sippy cup of juice as watched the Disney Channel in his jammies? 

I don't know. 

I wish I could get just a glimpse of what it would be like with all three of my little ones running around my feet.  I can't even imagine the peace that would come into my heart and fill my soul.  It's tough to accept that this will never be the way it is for me or for my family.

Our lives will never be simple.  I do have hope that they will become less complicated as the years go by.  But I know that simple will never be the way it is around here.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

No comments: