Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to the Grind

So it's official... school is back in session. For the past two years, I haven't dreaded starting the school year that much because I only worked three days a week. There's not much to complain about when Wednesday is your "Friday," you know? But as many of you know, my school district decided to change some things, including getting rid of "job shares" - which is what my position was considered. So I was given two choices: take the position full-time or resign. It really wasn't a hard decision, because I love the job and want to keep it, especially since Tate will hopefully be coming with me to school in just a couple of years.

So here we are on day three of a new school year. It's always good to see everyone and I have to admit, I miss my kiddos over the summer... Okay, so not ALL of them, but a lot of them! I've been busy with first week of school "housekeeping" and stuff. And because my room is located in the kindergarten hallway, I get the chance to be around all those little babies during their first experiences at school. I've overheard lots of things that crack me up...

A kiddo was lost in the hallways and said to his friend, "Oops, wrong alley."

Another kid was lost and when I asked him who his teacher was, he replied with tears in his eyes, "Mrs. Wiggles." "You mean Mrs. Wiggins?" I asked him.

Within the first five minutes of being in class on the first day, a kid ran up to his teacher (who was talking to some parents of another child) and yelled out, "I don't want to sit by that girl! She SMELLS!" Nice.

At lunch, a little one had the following conversation with a brand new teacher:
Do you have a husband?
No.
Do you have a kid?
No.
Do you have a baby?
No.
Do you have a dog?
No.
...Well... do you have a hamster???"

Ahhh, the joy of five year olds...

Anyway, good luck to all the kids heading back to school... And for those of you in Plano, only 176 more days left - not that I'm counting.

Love to y'all,
Tracy

3 comments:

nick&abby said...

I could read kids comments/conversations ALL DAY. I love it! :)

Marisa and John said...

I started laughing out loud when I read your post. Don't forget about the little angel who came in on picture day and told me "You look like a freak" because I was wearing eye makeup. :)

FosterFam said...

counting down already??? me too :)