Monday, July 28, 2014

Soooooo Close!


I've been cooped up since last week after having an ulnar nerve decompression surgery... It's from having cubital tunnel - which is a similar to carpal tunnel - just a different nerve.  Anyway, I've been meaning to catch y'all up on my book's progrees, but between typing with only my left hand and my little rugrats taking my laptop, it's takimg me forever!
One of the "little rugrats"
 
After many months of waiting, I'm super pumped to announce that my brother and his wife are just about DONE with the illustrations for Home Runs in Heaven!!!  The front and back cover are completely finished and at the publisher, and he sent me twelve interior illustrations yesterday!!!  It sounds like we are about ONE week from getting all of these to the publisher as well!  WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOO!!!
My very talented sis-in-law hard at work
 
I cannot believe how beautiful the illustrations are turning out... well, actually I can.  Trent and Kara do incredible work. But to see my words through their eyes is pretty indescribable.  I'm in awe.  Even though I want to reveal the finished product later, I HAVE to give y'all a little glimpse into the pages...

Here's just a few...

 A huge pile of candy
HOME RUN!!!
 
I know I'm biased, but these are pretty stinkin' awesome, right?!
 
Love to y'all,
Tracy
 

1 comment:

Ben and Abby said...

SO SO SO exciting!! The pictures look AMAZING!!! Can't wait to get the book!!