Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ten Days Away!

Okay, Friends... In ten short days, Team Heart's Content will be lacing up our tennies and heading to our sixth March For Babies in Dallas at White Rock Lake!!!  This year, it's really snuck up on me.  I think my mind has been overwhelmed by preparations with my book, and I just felt like I had time before I needed to put the March on my radar. 

Boy, was I wrong!!!

April 12th is gearing up to be really special.  In years past, we've had pretty much the same group of people walk with us the morning of the March.  But this year is going to be a good mix of old and new - about 25-30 people altogether.  Some of them are families that have walked beside us since our journey began - holding us up, as we stumble along.  It makes me smile to think that these are the people that actually held our little boy, fed our little boy, and breathed the same air as him.  In addition, we also have some new families that will be walking with us for the first time.  I LOVE THIS.  At some point, these friends found out about Nash and didn't shy away.  They didn't turn their backs, or brush us aside because our story made them uncomfortable.  They embraced us.  They embraced him.  And I am grateful for that. 

As I walk each year, seeing Nash's name on the shirts of my friends and family tugs at my heart.  I am overwhelmed by how much love these people have for us... all SIX of us. 

Love to y'all,
Tracy





No comments: